Friday, March 9, 2012

Week Ten- Crocheted Flowers


I was determined to learn how to crochet this month.  I have have been single crocheting for many years.  My mother taught me how to single crochet when I was a little girl and I made all sorts of  projects with my limited knowledge.  I even remember crocheting myself a pair of gloves making up a pattern as I went along, when I was about 10 years old.

But, now I felt ready to REALLY crochet, so I headed to YouTube to find myself a teacher.  (Have you discovered yet how you can learn just about anything on YouTube?)  I found a number of great tutorials, cozied up on the couch with my laptop, crochet hook and yarn, and learned how to make a flower.  In about a half an hour I had finished my first project using double, 1/2 double and even triple crochet!  What I loved best was that I could stop and rewind the video whenever I needed a little more time or needed a quick refresher on how to do a step.  I was so excited about finishing my first flower that I put it in my purse and brought it to school when I picked up the kids to show it off to my daughter's teacher (a crochet enthusist).

Since completing my first flower, I have made a handful of them.   I am not sure what they will become.  Maybe a colorful wreath?  For the time being, they will hang out the with the rest of the yarn in my yarn basket making the unused skeins jealous.

1 comment:

klyn said...

The flowers are beautiful - I can see them on headbands, hairclips, purses, sweaters/ shirts, covering the handle of a tote, on a pillow. Yet another thing I need to learn how to do from you! I need a weekend, you and a few friends, and a beach house on a stormy weekend1 :)