The challenge material for the month of February was discarded cassette tapes, so this is one of the projects that came from that burst of inspiration. I used the cassette tape as my embroidery thread which gave the project a shiny effect.
My first attempt with using the cassette tape as embroidery thread was a craft fail. I had assumed I would need a loosely woven material as the background in order for the thread to pass through. My first project was done on a discarded burlap coffee sack. The thread ended up looking messy. When I tried again with this lightweight canvas material, the cassette tape ended up looking and behaving more like embroidery thread.