Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Week Five- Bad Art




 I have in the search for bad art painted on canvas for a repurpose project.    I took the piece of bad art, cut  a stencil of the deer head out of contact paper and painted over the top of it. Once the contact paper was removed, I was left with something new to hang on my wall.



Here is original painting. 


What I learned:
  •  I don't think contact paper is the best option for the stencil, although I did use old contact paper.  It did not want to stick to the textured painting very well, so small areas ended up with paint under it.
  • Choose a painting with bold colors.
  • Acrylic paint will come off the canvas if you attend to it right away, before it dries.  Just use a little water to help "erase" the mistakes.


 My next project will be a jackalope for my sister for her birthday... I don't think I need to worry about spoiling the surprise.  I don't think she reads my blog.  But, if you know her, don't tell!


Here's the finished jackalope!

2 comments:

Stephie8790 said...

where did you get that deer head stencil?

Unknown said...

I just googled "deer head" and then clicked on images. There are tons of them out there.